No Open ports detected!

I’ve been reading all the solutions related to No open ports detected. And nothing is working. How can I fix this?

Hi there,

Have you checked out our troubleshooting guide yet? https://docs.render.com/troubleshooting-deploys

More specifically, have you read through the deploy logs for any insight into what might be preventing ports from getting detected?

Any additional detail you can provide would be helpful.

Regards,
Mike

Render Support Engineer, MT (UTC-6, UTC-7 in Winter)

I’m already binding to 0.0.0.0 and set a port in the environment variable. But I keep getting this

<--- JS stacktrace --->
FATAL ERROR: Ineffective mark-compacts near heap limit Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory
----- Native stack trace -----
 1: 0xca5580 node::Abort() [node]
 2: 0xb781f9  [node]
 3: 0xeca4d0 v8::Utils::ReportOOMFailure(v8::internal::Isolate*, char const*, v8::OOMDetails const&) [node]
 4: 0xeca7b7 v8::internal::V8::FatalProcessOutOfMemory(v8::internal::Isolate*, char const*, v8::OOMDetails const&) [node]
 5: 0x10dc505  [node]
 6: 0x10dca94 v8::internal::Heap::RecomputeLimits(v8::internal::GarbageCollector) [node]
 7: 0x10f3984 v8::internal::Heap::PerformGarbageCollection(v8::internal::GarbageCollector, v8::internal::GarbageCollectionReason, char const*) [node]
 8: 0x10f419c v8::internal::Heap::CollectGarbage(v8::internal::AllocationSpace, v8::internal::GarbageCollectionReason, v8::GCCallbackFlags) [node]
 9: 0x10ca4a1 v8::internal::HeapAllocator::AllocateRawWithLightRetrySlowPath(int, v8::internal::AllocationType, v8::internal::AllocationOrigin, v8::internal::AllocationAlignment) [node]
10: 0x10cb635 v8::internal::HeapAllocator::AllocateRawWithRetryOrFailSlowPath(int, v8::internal::AllocationType, v8::internal::AllocationOrigin, v8::internal::AllocationAlignment) [node]
11: 0x10a8c86 v8::internal::Factory::NewFillerObject(int, v8::internal::AllocationAlignment, v8::internal::AllocationType, v8::internal::AllocationOrigin) [node]
12: 0x1503a16 v8::internal::Runtime_AllocateInYoungGeneration(int, unsigned long*, v8::internal::Isolate*) [node]
13: 0x193cef6  [node]
Aborted (core dumped)
[nodemon] app crashed - waiting for file changes before starting...
==> No open ports detected, continuing to scan...
==> Docs on specifying a port: https://render.com/docs/web-services#port-binding

Hi there,

I think that error is getting at the heart of things. It looks like the service can’t fully start up because it’s running out of memory, hence why ports aren’t getting exposed.

We typically see these JavaScript heap out of memory errors when users are trying to run their service in “development” mode, which typically uses a lot more memory. Where a local machine typically has plenty of resources, you aren’t likely to run into this problem, but a lower-resource Render service (especially RAM) is far more limited.

Is your application is running in “production” mode on Render? If not, changing it will hopefully that will clear up the memory problems, thus allowing the ports to be exposed. Our troubleshooting guide also has this recommendation.

Regards,
Mike

Render Support Engineer, MT (UTC-6, UTC-7 in Winter)

Thank you. This fixed it. I was using a 512 ram instance, once I upgraded to the 2Gb one I didn’t have the issue. Setting the environemt to
Production didn’t change things. I appreciate your help Mike!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.