MYSQL getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND

I have a Nuxt 3 Application running on my account but couldn’t connect to my mysql server

I have mysql setup, and I am able to connect through adminer but using the same login variables gives the following error
getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND inidzdb:3306

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

If it’s working from another service, it sounds like MySQL is running correctly, a couple of things to check:

• The calling service & MySQL Private Service are in the same region. Cross-region private networking is not currently possible.

• Check the connection string details, is the scheme correct? e.g. mysql://user:pass@inidzdb:3306/yourdb

Hope that helps

Alan

Thanks for your response @al_ps. Like you have stated, the calling service & MySQL Private Service are in the same region which is Oregon but yet it won’t connect!
The mysql client I use does not take connection strings instead it takes
parameters:
host:
user:
password:
database:

Ok, thanks for confirming. And the connection string, is that correctly formatted?

Alan

@al_ps, I am using mysql2 as mysql client, it doesn’t take connection string instead, it takes the follow parameters;
host: ‘inidzdb:3306’
user: ‘my username’
password:*************
database:inidzdb

I think the problem is this ‘inidzdb:3306’

The examples I’m seeing of the mysql2 package don’t seem to include the port in the host attribute. As it’s the default port, have you tried it without?

Alan

1 Like

@al_ps You mean to set the host as host: ‘inidzdb’, right?

Yes. If you’re still having issues, can you share some logs?

Alan

I just tried it, it works!
Thanks @al_ps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Glad to hear you got it working! :raised_hands:

Alan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.