Metabase deploy error

hey there :wave:
i deployed a metabase with third party driver (clickhouse.metabase-driver.jar)
it successfully deployed but when i suspend my service and redeploy it.
it is asking for sign up again i mean it is deploying as a new metabase instance. this is my repo
when ever i deployed it is asking for new sign up i am not getting sign in option
any one to help.

1 Like

Hi there,

it successfully deployed but when i suspend my service and redeploy it.

That sounds like your service is writing files to the file system and then when you suspend it or redeploy then any files thatwere written no longer exist as detailed here.

Our metabase guide Deploy Metabase | Render Docs has you provision a Postgres database that Metabase itself uses to store its config, questions, dashboards etc which might be the piece you are missing here?

John B

Thanks for your reply @John_B
i am new to render still struggling to get rid of things
i have metabase instance with postgres. Now i am trying to deploy another metabase with clickhouse
i added driver successfully and clickhouse connecting well. only one thing redeployment problem is there any way to solve this problem.i think you saw my repo.

Right, but Metabase by default will be using a Disk based database (detailed at https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/operations-guide/running-metabase-on-docker.html) so you’ll want to follow steps 1 and 4 from our guide to provision a Postgres database and then configure Metabase to use that as its datastore

John B

Thank you john b