logDNA showing multiple instances as source of logs but only one service running

I have a strange sitaution where in logDNA I can see a whole load of sources of logs, but in render there is just one service and that is made of one instance.

Where are these sources coming from? How come its just not one source of logs?

It looks like you have PR previews enabled. Each preview will have its own log source. You will also have a log source for all builds, which are the ones that start with bld-.

Ok thanks alot @jake - why so many instances for PRs? I only had one PR

It would be nice if you could set up PR preview env vars seperately to the main instances. I need PRs but I need them to use different env vars. I know I can set them once the PR is created but this leaves room for issues/errors.
Is there a way I can say “for PR previews, use these env vars” as that would get me out of a few problems that they are causing, but are otherwise a nice feature

why so many instances for PRs? I only had one PR

I am seeing that a number of PRs have been opened. Is it possible that you are seeing PR previews from a different service?

Is there a way I can say “for PR previews, use these env vars”

We do support that feature with PR environments (different from PR previews). It requires you to define your service using Infrastructure as Code where you can define a preview value for your environment variables.