Is there a Render tutorial for deploying a Typescript project?

I don’t know what to do when I can’t get a working TS project to deploy in Render. I’m guessing and guessing and guessing.

Is there any documentation for this like there is for deploying a NodeJs app?

Wouldn’t that be a good idea?

Hey,

While we don’t have dedicated TypeScript documentation, there aren’t any significant catches or complexities involved. To be honest, it should be a straightforward process. However, if you’re encountering any specific difficulties or facing any challenges, please let us know.

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

Thanks but I’ve been trying everything I can think of. I’m running the app locally, I’m running it on another server but I can’t seem to get it to run here.

I’ve described it in another thread.

Typescript app execution path

I don’t doubt that it could be something I have set but like I said, it works in other environments so there is something in Render that I don’t understand that is different. The log message explains the problem but nothing I do resolves it.

Hey,

Perhaps you have forgotten to install dependencies as part of the build phase so TypeScript never got installed? Could you look at your build command make sure it’s not only “npm/yarn run build” for example?

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

Jun 2 12:56:53 PM sh: 1: tsc: not found
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR! syscall spawn
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR! file sh
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR! errno ENOENT
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR! tube-api@1.4.0 build: tsc -p .
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR!
Jun 2 12:56:53 PM npm ERR! Failed at the tube-api@1.4.0 build script.

Hey,

If you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket using the “Contact Support” form. This will allow us to gather more information about the specific service you are referring to and better understand your needs.

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.