How to deploy Open Commerce

Hello, I am trying to deploy an Open Commerce API and Open Commerce Admin platform using Render.
I thought it would be relatively easy as they have Docker images, but can’t seem to get it working using Docker.

My render.yaml looks like this:

services:

Im having an error such as:
TypeError: Class extends value undefined is not a constructor or null

I think the commands that had to run is not what it is there

Thank you

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

I gave the same repos a try on my personal account and seem to be receiving the same error around the npm ci call:

Mar 30 11:17:35 AM #10 [5/4] RUN npm ci --only=prod --ignore-scripts
Mar 30 11:17:36 AM #10 1.198 TypeError: Class extends value undefined is not a constructor or null
Mar 30 11:17:36 AM #10 1.198 at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/socks-proxy-agent/dist/agent.js:114:44)

After a quick search it seems the same error (e.g. TypeError, from socks-proxy-agent) is reported elsewhere, e.g. https://github.com/homebridge/homebridge/issues/3002. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a definitive solution in that thread, but it appears it could be related to Node/NPM versions.

The Open Commerce Dockerfile is based of their own Node image: FROM reactioncommerce/node-prod:14.18.1-v1, maybe raising an issue with their maintainers might shed some more light on where the issue may lie?

Please let us know if we can assist any further.

Kind regards

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.