Hosting large amounts of photos on render.com

Hi there,
I’ve deployed a Rails app on render that shows listings of businesses (something similar to Craigslist.com). Each listing will have between 10-20 photos and I plan to initially have 50-100 listings on the app (i.e. around 1,000 - 2,000 photos).

I don’t want to serve these photos by the app because I worry about the performance. I expect the amount of photos and users to increase in the near future. I plan to just store a public url for each photo in a listing.

What would be the best way to host these photos using render?

I would recommend using an object storage service alongside Render, something like Amazon S3, Google files etc - they provide almost infinite storage and would work great,

Regards,

John B
Render Support, UTC+1 :uk:

What about the Render Disk? Why do you think that using Render Disk is a worse solution than other services?

At the moment there are some limits which you would need to consider Disks | Render · Cloud Hosting for Developers

If you’re building a scaleable service then these might be a blocker as they restrict zero downtime deploys and can only be used with a single instance.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.