Getting Error 127 after trying to migrate from Heroku

Hello, I am having a bit of trouble migrating my web app from Heroku to Render. It’s a fairly small app with little to no traffic (currently working on it).

I am following the docs here as closely as possible: Migrate from Heroku to Render | Render

But I still get an error when deploying. It’s made with Node.js and I’m using MongoDB if that matters (I am still a bit of a beginner when it comes to this).

I did do some research and some others think it could be the scripts in the package.json, of which here is how it is in the file:

"scripts": {
    "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1",
    "start": "node app.js"
  }

Hi Timothy,

I’ve responded to the ticket you also opened:

It seems your project is only using Node, so you may find you can remove Docker complications by deploying to our Node Native Environment. You would create a new Web Service, selecting Node as the environment and set the Build Command (e.g. npm install) and the Start Command (e.g. npm start).

It’s also advisable to set your Node version to match the one you developed on, which can be done in various ways. Specifying a Node Version

Kind regards

Alan

Hey Alan,

Yes I received your response via the ticket and I’m definitely grateful. I was able to solve it pretty quickly with your help. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.