Failed to deploy with the Standard instance type

Hi, :grinning:
I met the OOM problem when deploying my app on the Free instance type. I know this happens because of my app having a rather large base embedding model in it. The error message is below.
Ran out of memory (used over 512MB) while running your code.
I want to deploy my app on the Standard Instance type with 2GB RAM

However, everytime I click on Save Changes button, the deployment will start still using the Free tire instance.
Maybe I missed something, please let me know if I can directly start a deployment with a paid instance type? Thanks in advance.

Hi Kenan,

What type of error are you seeing that suggests it’s not being deployed as a paid service?

Do you have any errors or screenshots you could attach?

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt,
Attaching a screenshot, this is the page it directly jumps to after I picked the new Standard instance type, I can see it still shows Free next to my project name.

As the screenshot shows, there were no error messages after I select the paid instance type. Looks like it just carry on deploying with the Free version again.

Hi Kenan,

Because this label describes the instance type that was most recently Live, and that the instance type change will only be applied if the triggered deploy is successful, the Free label at the top of the screen will remain there until the deploy to a paid instance type succeeds.

Let me know if you run into any errors when attempting to upgrade the instance type.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks, it is now working. I have to wait till it finish deploying. I can see I am using the Standard instance now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.