Changed Free Instance to Starter

Hello guys.
I have a strange issue. Since I changed the free instance to Starter instance type for my Rails app. I receive a lot of 502 response and I do not know why. :frowning: . Please help me.

1 Like

I changed to starter instance to 10:00 am and it lasts almost 5-6 hours to recover. Before I receive a lot of 502 response gateway but now everything looks to be fine. is it normal?

1 Like

Hi there,

Have you checked the service logs for insight into what might be leading to these 502 errors? Have you also checked the Metrics page to see if perhaps your service might be exceeding any resource limits?

I recommend starting there, but let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Mike

Render Support Engineer, MT (UTC-6, UTC-7 in Winter)

Yes I checked logs and I see no issue over there. I check also the metrics and yes you re right. It exceed the memory. but why? before buying starter pack everything was fine. After buying starter instance type metrics increase a lot… but noww metrics is on 75%. is this ok?

so. I am a beginner. memory for web service is 97%, memory for posgresql is 15 %

Hi there,

Since I have no idea what your app is or does, I can’t really speak to what normal behavior might be here. It is definitely possible to have an application that will ramp up resource usage when more is available though.

You will have to investigate what is eating up those resources within your application. It might help to add some additional application logging and perhaps doing some debugging to learn more.

Lastly, an APM (application performance monitor) like Scout can offer additional granularity into your metrics, if it comes to that: https://docs.render.com/scout-apm

Regards,
Mike

in logs I receive ! Out-of-sync worker list, no 784 worker

my app are not doing anything and I see almost 100% ram used and I do not why. this is happening when I made the transition from free to starter type. :frowning:

Hi Silviu,

Apologies for the delayed response – I’ve been out of office.

Just wanted to follow up and see if you are continuing to have issues here.

Regards,
Mike