Exited with status 1

Hi,

I would like to understand what it means when my web service fails with Exited with status 1. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Tracy.

1 Like

There are a variety of reasons that process failed with status 1. Could you share more log or DM me more information? Thanks

how to get rid of this exit status

Hi there :slight_smile:

This looks like a problem with your code rather than render, does your code work locally?
A quick google indicates that this a problem with ejs or some compiler.

My first guess is that you have a catch somehwere but don’t indicate the catch/error variable. Something like this:

try {
 // some code
}
catch () {
 // error here
}

but the exception variable isn’t optionial, so you need to do:

try {
 // some code
}
catch (err) {
  console.log(err)
 // error here
}

Hey,

Are you still having issues with this service? I couldn’t find the error message reported originally in this thread but your latest service deploy failures throw this:

Jan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! code EJSONPARSEJan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! file /opt/render/project/src/package.jsonJan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! JSON.parse Failed to parse jsonJan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! JSON.parse Unexpected string in JSON at position 625 while parsing '{Jan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! JSON.parse "name": "expressjs",Jan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! JSON.parse "version": "1'Jan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! JSON.parse Failed to parse package.json data.Jan 4 12:18:05 PM npm ERR! JSON.parse package.json must be actual JSON, not just JavaScript.

This error message generally means that the content of your package.json file is invalid. Specifically in your case, there is a missing comma between the “sequelize”: “^6.23.0” and “tiny-csrf”: “^1.1.3” dependencies in the dependencies object.

To fix this error, you will need to add a comma between these two dependencies, like this:

"dependencies": { "cookie-parser": "^1.4.6", "ejs": "^3.1.8", "express": "^4.18.1", "mime": "^3.0.0", "pg": "^8.8.0", "sequelize": "^6.23.0", "tiny-csrf": "^1.1.3"},

Let me know if that helped.

Jérémy, Render Support