Endless "in progress" deployment

I’m trying to deploy an app but it’s still “in progress” and when I go back to the dashboard it shows “deploy failed”, BUT, when I look at the deployment logs, it’s running and listening (to port 10000) but I can’t access it’s web interface as I would be able to locally.

Any ideas? I read some posts that suggested it needed to be bound to 0.0.0.0 and not local host, so I’m running “npm run prod” which translates to a script that binds to 0.0.0.0 as part of the start command

Do you have a healthcheck command specified in the app’s settings? My understanding is that the service is running to be able to serve the healthcheck requests and only gets provisioned to a “deploy successful” state when the healthchecks passed. This could be what you’re encountering: a server that listens but does not return a successful healthcheck.

Binding to 0.0.0.0 in general is okay.

Hey @jnns !

No health check configured:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you could share some specific details of the issue/setup, that may help us troubleshoot it with you, e.g. any logs/errors/output, specific URLs, service ID, reproduction steps, etc. If you don’t want to share these details on the community forum, please feel free to raise a ticket with support@render.com

Kind regards

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.