Domain is still .onrender.com even with custom domain in Set-Cookie

Hi,

I have deployed my nodejs/express server as a webservice and svelte client as a static site, but im having an issue when trying to set cookie when trying to log in on my client. The Set-Cookie gives me an error in the developertool:

_cfuvid=4tQ95aduzFdgwsppHX4tA2CwaK906QkEkPUHi6umaPo-1705401615884-0-604800000; path=/; domain=.onrender.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None

Even tho i have changed both server and client to my own domain.
So they are something like this:

subdomain-(server or client).my-domain.com

But as you can see it still sets domain to be “domain=.onrender.com” in the Set-Cookie. Is it normal that it takes some time to propagate or am i missing something in the setup. I just added the custom domain with the normal guide and a CNAME for both server and client.

Hope you can help me.

Hi there,

_cfuvid=4tQ95aduzFdgwsppHX4tA2CwaK906QkEkPUHi6umaPo-1705401615884-0-604800000; path=/; ``domain=.onrender.com``; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None is a Cloudflare cookie that is added from our Cloudflare account, this isn’t a cookie you are setting.

That being said, you shouldn’t be seeing this cookie on your requests anymore, as we have tweaked some of our Cloudflare settings.

If you are still having issues, please open a ticket from our dashboard so we can get more specific details regarding your service.

Regards,

Keith
Render Support, UTC+10 :australia:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.