Connecting PSQL database to pgadmin

I am trying to connect to my postgreSQL db through PGAdmin, but am receiving the following error:

The database is up and running on a free tier. And I have confirmed all the information matches, as well as ensuring that the ssl mode is required. Could this be an issue related to the tier level of my database?

Hi there,

PGAdmin works fine with the free tier DBs, provided external access is enabled and you’re using the external connection details in PGadmin and you have set sslmode=require for the connection.

Regards,

John B
Render Support, UTC :uk:

Apologies in advance for my ineptitude, I am not the strongest technically to begin with and render relatively new to me.

I have the sslmode=required. The connection details match, but I am unsure as to whether or not my external access is enabled. Is the access control menu (in the screenshot provided) the proper location with which I allow the external connection to pgadmin on my local device?

Yes, that shows you have a single IP with access.

The thing to check is to use the psql command that we show on the database page and ensure that works, you need to have postgres client tools installed locally but that will confirm whether the connection can be established.

If that works, which I suspect it will then it is 100% a configuration issue with Pgadmin,

Regards,

John B

The psql command did work the first time I ran in the command line tool. But after running nslookup _myhostname_ and again attempting to run the provided psql command I was met with the following error:

Probably best if you open a direct support ticket with us here as opposed to continuing here so we can talk specifics,

Regards,

John B

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.