Can't change branch back to main

I was doing some development on a separate branch and connected it to Render to see if my work was compatible with the deployment processes on Render. When I finished up, I merged the branch into main and deleted the branch. I came back to Render to switch the tracked branch back to main, but it won’t let me change- it’s stuck on the deleted branch.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Hi Ben,

Could you let me know what happens when you click Save Changes after updating the Branch to main? A screenshot or short screen recording could also be helpful.

Regards,

Matt

When I click on the branch selector, the deployed branch birdsy-1 disappears from the menu and I am forced to select main. This is fine, since that’s the branch I’m looking for. I click “Save Changes” and it stays on the screen but does not launch a new deployment. When I refresh, the original branch birdsy-1 is back even though it doesn’t exist on GitHub.

I’m struggling to attach a screen recording, but here’s the menu I’m working with.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the extra info. I think you should be able to fix this by

1. creating a new branch in your repo
  2. select the branch the new branch and save
  3. select the main branch and save

Let me know if that does the trick.

Render usually detects a branch deletion and automatically makes this update. We can follow up to see what may have happened in this case.

Regards,

Matt

1 Like

This worked- thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.