App.js express&node.js stores a file using fs module, where is it stored in render's server and do I have access through CLI or SSH to it?

I’m using render’s web service express & node.js, and I’m trying to make a web form from a html file get stored as a text plain file in the server that I can open afterward to read the data stored on it.
I use the module fs to write the file and now I wonder how can I access that file. I’ve been trying to access through SSH to my project and also through the render CLI, to have access to a filesystem where I expect the file to be found, but I’m getting this error:
“Connection to ssh.oregon.render.com closed by remote host.
Connection to ssh.oregon.render.com closed.
ERROR Underlying SSH failure: exit code -1, signal none”
Any guidance is welcomed.

Hi,

SSH/Shell access is only available on paid instance types.

Render instances have an ephemeral filesystem, meaning any file written to the instance after it has booted will be lost on subsequent restarts (e.g. spun down if on free instance type, next deploy, manual restart, etc.).

If you want to persist files on your service, you’ll need to have a persistent store, e.g. a Render Disk (which is chargeable and also requires a paid instance type) or an external service like AWS S3.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.