520 error instead of an alert

Hi I designed a warning alert when the user exceeds a file upload limit (>1) or size limit (>1MB). Both alerts work fine on local machine. When I deployed it on render the size limit warning works fine but not file upload limit. I get the following ugly 520 error. Could you please help me. I am planning to deploy the service to public in 2 days. thanks

You can reproduce the error by creating a free account here and uploading more than one file.

Hi there,

This seems to work fine for me. If you continue to see an issue here, can you please open a ticket from our dashboard?

Regards,

Keith
Render Support, UTC+10 :australia:

That is strange. Do you think cloudfare works differently in different countries? I am trying this in India currently. I also noticed sometimes i get the alert fine but sometimes it throws that 520 error.

Hi there,

I don’t think it’s related to which country you are located in. I see 520 errors sometimes occurring on Free services when it is the first request to spin the service back up. I suspect it is related to the amount of time these requests take to respond, particularly if the service is slow to boot.

Regards,

Keith

But I am upgraded to Starter service not free. So are you saying this will keep happening? thanks.

Hi there,

Please open a ticket with us so we can have a closer look. I don’t think the service you refer to belongs to the email address you use on our community forum, so it is hard for us to check your services.

Regards,

Keith

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.