@Jon_Young: hey there. I’m trying to get a mongodb instance set up using the render mongodb docs. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- created an admin user for the db
etc/mongod.conf.origto enable auth and allow network interfaces other than just localhost
- redeployed the web service by clearing build cache & redeploy. I wasn’t sure how to restart mongod via the dashboard shell, but a new build felt like it might do the trick
- reconnected to mongo in the web service’s shell and found both the admin user I created and the edits to the config file I made were lost
A few questions:
- Why didn’t the user I created persist across builds? Same goes for the changes I made to the
- How do I know my data won’t be lost if I ever need to rebuild my service — for example, in the case of a DB version upgrade?
- Do I handle db config in the Dockerfile provided in the template repo? (I’m not familiar with Docker). Most Docker resources I’ve found want me to configure mongo in a docker-compose.yml file, but that doesn’t seem like the right fit here since this web service is for mongodb only, not multiple containers?
Any resources would be helpful here!