Successful deploy but page is just blank

I’ve successfully deployed my django application but when I go to the url it’s just a blank page. The app runs fine locally, all my env vars are set correctly, including the database url. How can I begin to troubleshoot this? Nothing in the logs indicates there is a problem.

Edit: I made a little progress here by creating a new database that my web service was connected to, and then deleted the old database. Now instead of a blank page I see a 502 error. Inspecting the logs I see: psycopg2.OperationalError: could not translate host name “xxx” to address: Name or service not known

The host name it specifies is that of my previous, deleted database. I updated my env var to point to the new database url but I’m curious why the app seemingly is still looking for the old database url? Does it take some time to change?

Did you try a re-deploy after updating the ENV variables to point to the new DB?

You know what, I think I just had to wait a lot longer than I realized. I tried today and am still getting the 502 error but my logs are now complaining about Dajngo-specific problems which I can solve (it’s looking for DB rows that don’t exist; I’m confident populating the DB with pg_restore will get things up and running). Thanks for replying.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.