[SOLVED] Infinite loading for all of our services in Frankfurt region from Nigeria

@Olu

How about with Glo? We’re able to try with Glo?

We’ve reached out to CloudFlare but it points to a local issue with MTN Nigeria - people have reported using 1.1.1.1 VPN as being successful as a workaround

also confirmed via Ping, mtr, dig and TCP port check from multiple locations

the failure appears to be in Lagos.

I’ve reached out to 2 possible network peering providers in Lagos to see if they can investigate.

3 Likes

Thank you @John_B

Hopefully this fixes soon.

So CloudFlare have made some updates and we’ve already had 1 report that this has solved the issue - can folks in Nigeria give their services a check to see if that’s the case and report back here please?

@Samperfect @Olu @Clinton_Mbah

1 Like

It’s working with MTN Network

1 Like

It’s working with Airtel. Thanks, @John_B.
Out of curiosity, did Cloudflare say what the issue was?

Working for us now. Thank you.

lots of words that I had to Google!

“The requests were still hitting our LOS01 POP as we partially re-enabled it after the IXPN outage. We don’t have a direct peering with them there but what we do have is peering the the IXPN route server. On most IXes around the world we do not advertise our anycast prefixes to route servers, but on IXPN we do. We do it because it enables us to serve those ASNs there when we might otherwise have had trouble establishing peering with them. IXPN was not fully re-enable though and so we were sending return traffic via our Mainone transit. It looks like Mainone had an issue reaching some of those networks. I have fully re-enabled IXPN now so we’re now back to pre-IXPN outage state. I’m seeing 200s for them now in los01 so I believe this has fixed the issue. We disabled the affected colo los01 and now traffic is routed through the correct path”

1 Like

Thank you all for your patience and help here whilst we worked to get this resolved! Very much appreciated!

:heart: from Render.

Oh my!!!

Thanks for the update @John_B

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.