React router does not work after deployed my fullstack applaction

I have a full-stack app built with React and Express. When I run the app locally, it seems the routing is fine but after deploying it the navigation seems to be broken, I am not able to go to any page unless I manually refresh it!! I tried almost all StackOverflow suggestions but had no luck.
this how express serves the static file:
` app.use(express.static(path.join(parentDir, ‘/client/build’)));

app.get(‘*’, (req, res) =>
res.sendFile(path.resolve(parentDir, ‘client’, ‘build’, ‘index.html’))
);`
Any help would be really appreciated…

Hey,

These are the symptoms of not setting up rewrites correctly for static sites, you’ll need every request coming in to go through your client-side router first, so it can then dispatch the request to the appropriate page/component.

See https://docs.render.com/deploy-create-react-app#using-client-side-routing for more explanation.

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for your reply! but my app is not a static site therefore there is no rewrites tap in my dashboard :thinking:

Hey,

Sorry about the confusion—I thought this was an issue with a static site. If you’re seeing a ‘Not Found’ error, it’s almost certainly related to how your application is configured.

Can you double-check if ‘path.resolve(parentDir, ‘client’, ‘build’, ‘index.html’)’ is pointing to the correct path? What does the structure of your project look like?

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3