Rails Cron Job not working

I have 5 services running on render, including the latest cron job. I have it pointing to my db and redis and I can’t seem to get it to work, it runs the rake task but it’s like it doesn’t have access to the redis cache. If I shell into the web service and run my rake task, it works and data is updated. I’ve tried blueprint, manual… what gives? I can’t seem to shell into the cron because it says I need a higher Ruby v than is in my gemfile. Why wouldn’t it create that version?

Hi,

Please could you share some specific details of the issue you are experiencing that may help us troubleshoot it with you, e.g. any logs/errors/output, specific URLs, service name/ID, reproduction steps, etc. to show the error connecting to Redis. My first thought, is that the services might be in different regions. Cross-region private networking is not currently supported.

If you don’t want to share these additional details on the community forum, please feel free to raise a ticket from the “Help” or “Contact Support” links while logged into the Dashboard.

Alan

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, this is my favorite place for deployments! I’ll have a couple more sites soon. I ended up running a test rake job and rebuilding the cron job, and it built to the correct ruby version so I was able to access the console. Turns out, I added my redis cache to my development.rb. So the Rails.cache was unique per service in a tmp dir. :man_facepalming:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.