Pillow not supported on this wheel: Django Deploy

I’m getting the following error on deploying.

ERROR: Pillow-9.2.0-cp38-cp38-manylinux_2_28_x86_64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

Please can you let me know how to proceed.

thank

David

by adding this line to the build.sh before the poetry install command, the deploy as successful.

/opt/render/project/src/.venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip

Only took my 8 hours to deploy my first site. :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi David, I’m glad you found a solution, but I’m sorry to hear it took some time. Is there any takeaway that you think would be helpful for us to clarify in the documentation? Are you referring to the blueprint as the place to update pip prior to the poetry install command?

Hi @Audrey_Maldonado , I updated the build.sh file.
The main problems I had were: python version - on my dev machine I was using 3.10. Poetry had a different version and Django 4 needs 3.8, I think. So that all took a long time to research experiment with and get right. In the end I had to install python 3.8 locally. Set my poetry to use that version. Add the PYTHON_VERSION 3.8.2 to the environ variables and then got through the initial steps of the deploy.

My fails then started with manage.py not being found. It was in my project folder and not the repository root directory. That took some time to figure that out. I added the directory to the build.sh commands. Then Pillow was not supported, luckily I found a previous thread here referring to the pip version installed, so installed that and it worked.

For me, the documentation is very good, but lacks a tree view of the final expected repository structure after all files have been created and added. maybe even a highlight of the most problematic files. (After the “Create a Build Script” section.) Maybe even a quick reminder that Render.com uses 3.7 python version as default before that last instruction to deploy. “Deploy to Render”

Also I would like to see if it was possible a quick start, like this https://github.com/render-examples/django but for Django 4.

Hope that’s of help.

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.