Long Server Sent Events Disconnected

I have an node express app that is sending down SSE’s to a pretty standard CRA client.

Recently, these SSE sessions have gotten longer (> 5 minutes) and we’re seeing a lot of disconnects. We are using autoscaling, but have set it to a stable number, so it’s not likely that is the cause of the issue.

Is there any issue with long SSE sessions behind the Render load balancer? has anyone else experienced this and are there any suggestions to fix, or to further help us diagnose the issue?

Hey James,

To address the current situation effectively, I recommend opening a support ticket through the “Contact Support” form. Please make sure to specify the services where you are experiencing this issue so that we can thoroughly investigate the logs and troubleshoot the problem.

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

hey jeremy - I did that on Friday, but no response yet. could you guys get back to me? thx!

I’ve noticed that our infrastructure team has already taken action on the ticket you opened, which is great. Let’s consider this community thread closed for now.

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.