How to install pgadmin on Render?

I’m trying to install pg-admin on Render from the docker image at Docker. To do this, I use New Web Service → Deploy from Existing Image-> with the image url of dpage/pgadmin4. But, every time I try to create the web service it throws the error below. I cannot figure out what this means or how to fix it. Any ideas? I was hoping this would be seamless on Render.

/entrypoint.sh: line 64: /venv/bin/python3: Operation not permitted

Mar 12 07:09:23 AMsudo: The "no new privileges" flag is set, which prevents sudo from running as root.

Mar 12 07:09:23 AMsudo: If sudo is running in a container, you may need to adjust the container configuration to disable the flag.

Mar 12 07:09:23 AM/entrypoint.sh: line 99: /venv/bin/python3: Operation not permitted

Mar 12 07:09:23 AM/entrypoint.sh: exec: line 107: /venv/bin/gunicorn: Operation not permitted

Mar 12 07:09:27 AM==> Common ways to troubleshoot your deploy: https://docs.render.com/troubleshooting-deploys

Mar 12 07:09:27 AM/entrypoint.sh: line 64: /venv/bin/python3: Operation not permitted

Mar 12 07:09:27 AMsudo: The "no new privileges" flag is set, which prevents sudo from running as root.

Mar 12 07:09:27 AMsudo: If sudo is running in a container, you may need to adjust the container configuration to disable the flag.

Mar 12 07:09:27 AM/entrypoint.sh: line 99: /venv/bin/python3: Operation not permitted

Mar 12 07:09:27 AM/entrypoint.sh: exec: line 107: /venv/bin/gunicorn: Operation not permitted

Hi,

The default pgAdmin Docker image requires privileges that are not permitted on Render.

However, I’ve created a proof of concept repo that takes the default image and updates the privileges to make it deployable: GitHub - BigAlRender/pgadmin_render

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.