Flask Migrations

I’m new to render and I’m trying to figure things out. Is there a way to downgrade flask migrations on my postgres db? I’m getting an error: ERROR [flask_migrate] Error: Can't locate revision identified by '<revision_number> from a SQLite3 db I created locally, which had some errors in it (local downgrades weren’t working, so I scrapped the db and started over again). When I try to redeploy, I get the error. Should I delete my render DB and start again? I tried restarting the DB and it gave the same error. Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m not 100% clear on your issue. Are you using a SQLite database or a Render Postgres instance?

Either way, it sounds like you may have a mismatch between your migration files and the database state. I’m not a Flask expert, but from what I can find about that error, it seems there’s a table in the database that tracks migrations that may need a cleared of that revision, if the files have been deleted.

Hope that helps

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.