Email invalid on Signup

After doing Sign Up with Google, I choose my Google account, then I confirm my email. However, the render prompt is saying that my email is invalid. Why is that? It is a Google Workspace (similar to GSuite) email.

1 Like

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m struggling to find any record of that email address in our system. Please could you try signing up again and let us know if you’re still having issues?

Thanks

Alan

Same issue

Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear you’re still having trouble.

Digging a little deeper on our side, it seems we’ve had this issue reported previously with another @icon.fondation email, but we didn’t get a reply to the ticket.

We use a third-party library to check the validity of the email domain used for sign-ups. Unfortunately, the email domain icon.foundation is listed by that library. You may want to bring it up with them (it looks like you raise a PR) to request the removal of the icon.foundation domain. https://github.com/FGRibreau/mailchecker

Until the domain is removed from that list, you would need to sign up with a different email account.

Kind regards

Alan

1 Like

Gotcha. Just submitted a PR to remove @icon.foundation from that list. Will update you when it’s cleared

@al_ps icon.foundation has been removed from the mailchecker list. See my PR. However, the email is still invalid :frowning:

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the update. I think we need to update the library on our side to get the new list with your domain removed. I’ve raised a ticket with the engineers to get this scheduled in.

I’ll update when I have more.

Thanks for your patience.

Alan

Thank you

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your patience.

I think the mailchecker update went in the last few hours if you want to try signing up with your @icon.foundation email.

Kind regards

Alan

This seems to have been sorted out. Thanks!

Perfect! Thanks for confirming and for your patience with this.

Have a great weekend.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.