Deploy Hook "Copy" button triggers infinite deploy loop

Note: This bug isn’t related to the actual deploy hook and the URL. The issue is with the Copy button in the admin UI.

Behavior

The infinite loop is triggered if Auto-Deploy is enabled. Else, a single undesired deploy is triggered.

Expected behavior

Clicking the “Copy” button should only activate JS in the browser, saving the URL to the local clipboard. It should have no server side-effects.

To reproduce

1. Go to a web service’s Settings tab.
  2. Scroll down to Deploy Hook and click the Copy button
  3. Go to the Events tab and observe that a deploy has started.

Hi Robb,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you referring to the “Copy to Clipboard” button on the Deploy Hook on the settings page of a service?

I’m not able to reproduce this behavior. Please could you detail your reproduction steps, along with the service ID, OS/Browser versions and any other info you may think relevant to consistently reproduce the issue.

Thanks.

Alan

Thanks. I wasn’t able to reproduce it now either, although it last happened last night. I looked into the Javascript source code for the page and something odd: This particular Copy to Clipboard button isn’t coded like the other four on that page. I’m not sure why.

Here’s a record from when it was in an “infinite loop” of auto-deploying two at a time. I didn’t trigger these deploys. They started after I clicked the Copy button. I turned off Auto-Deploy to stop it:

Maybe you can look into logs for this service? Render · The Easiest Cloud For All Your Apps

Thanks to debugging with Jade, I found that it was the Paste macOS app I had running: it keeps a clipboard history. And it has an optional feature where it tries to retrieve copied URLs to display a thumbnail.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.