Cloudflare rejecting access to some HTTP endpoints

Hi,

We have an HTTP service that is (mostly) working as expected – I can log in, load webpages, etc. However, there are one particular operation which fails with an HTTP 403 caused by Cloudflare. Several members of my team are having the same issue with this HTTP service, all of which coming from different IP addresses. I see the same issue even if I disable all Chrome extensions and allow all cookies. In case it matters, the service that we’re accessing is an instance of Grafana.

The text of the response is as follows:

Please enable cookies.

Sorry, you have been blocked

You are unable to access onrender.com

Why have I been blocked?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

What can I do to resolve this?

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6cfaec2f0b67677a • Your IP: 99.61.83.97 • Performance & security by Cloudflare.

Can someone help us debug this? This blog post has some instructions for how to diagnose the issue given the Ray ID, but of course we do not have access to Render’s Cloudflare account.

1 Like

Hey Peter,
We’ve added a bypass rule for your hostname and the rule in question - if you run into further problems please email us at support@render.com

Thanks

John B

This is working for me now, but some of our other engineers (presumably on different IPs) are still seeing the problem. Can you disable this rule entirely for our particular service?

The rule applies to your hostname, the graphana.b***********p.com one - if they experience this can you provide us with the rayID (from the bottom of the blocked screen) and we can determine why they are being blocked

John B

6d0172576ecc60ec-DUB

ah, that was to the onrender.com address - added that too.

John B

1 Like

Oops, thanks John. I’ll check with the team and make sure that resolves it.

Yup that did it. Thanks again!

You’re welcome!

John B

@John_B Could this be related to my issue I am experiencing in last 3-4 days too?

@sky If you can provide me with a ray-id from the response headers of a request we can certainly double check

I am not sure I know how to do it. How do I check what is the ray-id?

ah, the header is cf-ray, via curl, example: $ curl -I https://render.com | grep cf-ray

Just DMed you cf-ray. Thank you in advance!

Hi @John_B it seems I have the same issue as above. All my server endpoints reply with 403 with the message " Direct IP access not allowed"

my ray-id is 75c4c6149db5891e

Thanks in advance

Same problem here.
Notice: Cloudflare Ray ID: 7ead67471e762868 • Your IP: 141.224.192.97 • Performance & security

Hopeyou can help.

I have the same issue with the free version too. Anyway to fix it? I am just simply try to call an api from my local machine.

Ray ID: 8426fd468bd243a7
IP: 99.211.57.193