ActionCable broadcast not working with Sidekiq

I have moved one of my Rails apps to Render from Heroku. The Rails app is using 1 Web server, 1 background worker and 2 redis instances(1 for Sidekiq and the other for ActionCable). The issue is that the ActionCable connections work fine in Webserver but it doesn’t work when broadcast is done through Sidekiq background worker. Spent a few days debugging but nothing worked!

cable.yml

development:
  adapter: redis
  url: redis://localhost:6379/1

test:
  url: redis://localhost:6379/1

staging:
  url: <%= ENV.fetch("REDIS_URL") { '' } %>

production:
  url: <%= ENV.fetch("REDIS_URL") { '' } %>

Hi Raj,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’ve not used ActionCable myself, but a quick look sounds like it relies on Websockets? Background Workers don’t expose a port like web services or private services, which could that be an issue?

Apologies, if I’ve misunderstood the issue, if so please could share some specific examples of the issue you are experiencing that may help us troubleshoot it with you, e.g. any related logs/errors/output, service ID(s), reproduction steps, etc. If you don’t want to share these details on the community forum, please feel free to raise a ticket with support@render.com

Thanks

Alan

hey Alan, this issue is resolved, it was misconfiguration on my end. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.