What's the OS for the build system of the static site builders?

Hey!

I’m getting some error’s I used to get on Ubuntu 18.x - is there a way to install build-essentials on that box? I have a dockerfile + nginx setup, but would love to use static stuff.

Context: We use ReasonML, the compile step can have some ‘preprocessors’, and they depend on GLIBC.

This may be on the end of the ppx itself - but I don’t have issues building on ubuntu 20, hence my question :slight_smile:

Jun 2 12:45:28 PM   FAILED: src/Lib.ast
Jun 2 12:45:28 PM   /opt/render/project/src/packages/admin/node_modules/bs-pancake/./ppx: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /opt/render/project/src/packages/admin/node_modules/bs-pancake/./ppx)
Jun 2 12:45:28 PM  

Installing build-essentials manually gives me the following:

E: List directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial is missing. - Acquire (30: Read-only file system)

Hey Roland,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Static Site builder uses Ubuntu 20.04, which can be verified by adding cat /proc/version; to your Build Command).

You wouldn’t have permission to install OS-level packages, so that why you’re getting that error. However, I’ll raise this with the engineering team to get their take on any potential workarounds.

Kind regards

Alan