What's the OS for the build system of the static site builders?

Hey!

I’m getting some error’s I used to get on Ubuntu 18.x - is there a way to install build-essentials on that box? I have a dockerfile + nginx setup, but would love to use static stuff.

Context: We use ReasonML, the compile step can have some ‘preprocessors’, and they depend on GLIBC.

This may be on the end of the ppx itself - but I don’t have issues building on ubuntu 20, hence my question :slight_smile:

Jun 2 12:45:28 PM   FAILED: src/Lib.ast
Jun 2 12:45:28 PM   /opt/render/project/src/packages/admin/node_modules/bs-pancake/./ppx: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /opt/render/project/src/packages/admin/node_modules/bs-pancake/./ppx)
Jun 2 12:45:28 PM  

Installing build-essentials manually gives me the following:

E: List directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial is missing. - Acquire (30: Read-only file system)

Hey Roland,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Static Site builder uses Ubuntu 20.04, which can be verified by adding cat /proc/version; to your Build Command).

You wouldn’t have permission to install OS-level packages, so that why you’re getting that error. However, I’ll raise this with the engineering team to get their take on any potential workarounds.

Kind regards

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.