Vue app deploy fails

I am trying to deploy a simple Vue app. I created a static site and followed the steps described here, setting the build command as npm run build and the published directory as dist. I see on the log that the build succeeds without any errors, but then nothing happens and the deploy ends up timing out and fails (see screenshot of the end of the log below).

Am I doing something wrong? Any help is much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome, it seems this is a message from Vue and there is a topic about it on the Vue forums.

Alternatively, you could try cloning or forking our example Vue repo at GitHub - render-examples/vue-hello-world: Vue.js on Render and using that as a starting point or a point or comparison.

Hello Sean and thank you very much for the response!

From my understanding, I would say that the message I get from Vue (Tip: built files are meant to be served over an HTTP server.) is not the issue here. I tried the fix from the Vue forum you linked (i.e. setting publicPath: β€˜./’), but this only allows to view the Vue app by opening the generated index.html over file://, and I still have the same issue when trying to deploy.

Following your advice I forked the vue-hello-world repo and managed to deploy it without issues. But what seems strange to me is that for my Vue app the build succeeds, but then nothing happens, unlike for the vue-hello-world, where right after the build is complete, it is uploaded and I get the message Your site is live (see screenshot below). So it seems that in my case only the β€œuploading” step is missing or not triggered.

Does it make sense and do you have any idea why that would be?